Re: Open issue with libbpp-core

Dear Andreas et al,

Not sure what the problem exactly is, but reading back our emails from one year ago, I realise I have skipped a few episodes: we mentioned bppsuite and comap, but we actually said we would proceed with the libraries first, I had forgotten that, I sincerely apologize for that. I have now registered to Alioth and will go thru all the documentation about the procedure in more details. I'll probably have some questions though.

Best regards,

Julien.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:56:14AM +0200, Julien Yann Dutheil wrote:
> Ok, everything tagged then:
> bpp-core, seq, phyl, popgen, raa, seq-omics, phyl-omics, qt => v2.3.1

Uploaded, needs to pass new queue.

> bppsuite => v2.3.1
> bppphyview => v0.5.1

Hmmm, I noticed that Andreas Beckmann did NMUs and Julien failed to give
hints to the Debian Med team.  Please everybody:  If you see any package
that belongs into Debian Med scope and is not maintained by the Debian
Med team please give us a hint.  The whole BPP suite somehow slipped
through our radar and after I took over the libbpp* packages I somehow
failed to continue with bppsuite and bppphyview which has now left these
packages in a packaging state with lower packaging standards than we
usually are applying.  The packages are also missing in our
metapackages.  I wonder whether I did not yet made enough noise about
the Debian Med effort that everybody considers it normal that those
packages will profit from our team maintenance and that it makes sense
to contact the Debian Med team.

> comap => v1.5.2

Not yet packaged (as far as I can see).

> physamp => v1.0.1
> maffilter => v1.2.1

Will be updated as soon as the libs are available in unstable.

> Many thanks to you for your patience!

I'm quite patient about new upstream versions - I'm less patient with
packages that are not properly maintained but easily could be so if the
information would be properly propagated. ;-)