Re: Packaging DendroPy for Debian - test suite failures

Hi Jeet,

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 09:34:49AM -0400, Jeet Sukumaran wrote:
> (2) With regards to SumTrees, things are a little more complicated.
> SumTrees is indeed an end-user application, distributed with DendroPy.
>
>     http://dendropy.org/programs/sumtrees.html

As promised I created a separate binary package with the sumtrees
binary.  I'm a bit unsure how to name the package to make it as visible
as possible to the users.  For the moment I decided for the package name
"sumtrees" - feel free to suggest a better name!

When doing so I createt a manpage for sumtrees:

   https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/python-dendropy.git/tree/debian/sumtrees.1

Feel free to send patches to this manpage and I'd be happy if you would
include this into yuor source distribution.

I have announced my Intend To Package DendroPy to the Debian community
via the usual channel (=bug report)[1] and will upload once you confirm
the package name sumtrees for the script or you came up with a better
name.  Any hints how to enhance its documentation would be welcome as
well.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/790408