Mailing list usage (Was: Reporting of bugs in package VCS repos)

Hi Roland,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 04:10:53PM +0200, rf@q-leap.de wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
>     Andreas> Hi Roland, I'm assuming you intended "List-Reply" and
>     Andreas> answer in public.
>
> indeed :( Isn't it possible to set a "Reply-To: " tag in the messages sent
> from the list. I'm sure I'll forget to change the "To: field" more often

Hmmm, I have never thought about this but the hint is sensible.  I'm
personally using mutt which has the List-Reply feature (L) and as far as
I remember list masters consider this as the recommended way to solve
this.  Manually changing the To: field is admittedly booring.  Any
volunteer who is also bored by doing so to approach listmaster about
this?

> Now that we're at it :)
> Would it also be possible to use a tag that identifies the list in the
> subject line of messages like e.g.
>
> Subject: [DebianMed] ...
>
> Most mailing lists do this. I think it's a lot easier that way to visually
> sort things in your mail reader.

The lists on alioth (developer list) are doing this and my procmail
rules are striping this off.  So I'm personally happy with the lack
of this but I could deal with some additional tags.  What do others
think about it?