Re: Reporting of bugs in package VCS repos

Hi Roland,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 01:58:12PM +0200, rf@q-leap.de wrote:
> We've started to setup our backporting process and already looked at a
> number of packages (so far only the ones managed with git). What I'd
> like to know is, where we should address bugs in the packaging or VCS
> management (e.g. missing tags) to. Mailing list or directly to the
> uploaders or ...?

Can you please give an example.  I guess the packaging list

   debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org

would be a reasonable place but if you just notice a missing tag the
easiest way to deal with this kind of problem is just setting the tag
and push it.  There is not much to discuss about something which was
simply forgotten.

BTW, since I'm reading from your mail some preference for Git:  If you
have interest in packages in SVN and prefer using Git - just talk to the
above list as well.  Sometimes it is simply for historic reasons and
there is no point in forcing people to SVN who prefer Git just for this
reason.

Hope this answers a spoken and an unspoken question