Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

Hi Andreas

> any news from your side?

yeah, sorry about the bit of silence there. I got bogged down in some
work things. Anyway, back on track.

> On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 08:57:13AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Further needed changes:
> >
> >   - When I created the packaging debhelper compatibility level was 8
> >     Please increade debian/compat to 9 (and adjust the debhelper version
> >     in debian/control)
>
> I noticed you have changed debian/compat but you will definitely get
> a lintian warning about the fact that debian/control remained at
>
>     debhelper (>= 8)
>
> Can you confirm this?

Aha, I missed that one. Fixed and committed.

> >   - Please add yourself in debian/changelog and add your ID (same
> >     Name and e-mail as in debian/changelog) to Uploaders in d/control.
> >     The easiest way would be to use
> >
> >         dch
> >
> >     (see `man dch`)  Feel free to drop my name from d/changelog it
> >     is fine if the entry is kept short and it remains in d/copyright.
>
> I noticed that you added your name to Uploaders.  As I said please feel
> free to take over also the changelog - as said above the most easy way
> is to use `dch` (see manpage).

By take over do you mean just rerun  dch --create -v 2.7.3 --package
phyutility? Or dch -i ?

> >   - Please update debian/copyright by adding your name to the
> >     debian/* section.  You should also update the Format.  Hint:
> >
> >       cme fix dpkg-copyright
> >
> >     is your friend!
>
> What about this?

I believe we are good here now. Committed.

> >   - Finally you should write an ITP bug
>
> Any question how to issue an ITP bug?
>
> Just let me know if something remains unclear.  I could easily give
> more verboes hints if they are needed.

I think the ITP bug is one that is getting me a little stuck. I
understand it is the Intent to Package bug, but can't seem to find how
to close it. If you could point me in the right direction, I think I
could get it.

> > Ahh, if there are any publications for phyutility available these
> > should be mentioned in debian/upstream/metadata.
>
> Feel free to just point me to a publication if existing and I provide a
> working metadata file.

The publication is this:
Smith, S. A. and C. Dunn. 2008. Phyutility: a phyloinformatics utility
for trees, alignments, and molecular data. Bioinformatics. 24: 715-716.
pdf: http://blackrim.org/files/smithdunn2008.pdf

I am also working on the manpage. I think I know what to do there, just
getting it together. I think everything should be set then.

Take care and thanks for the patience,
Stephen