Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

Great! Going through the process now.
Take care,
Stephen

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 3:46 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:35:36PM -0500, Stephen Smith wrote:
> I wanted to express my interest in getting more involved in debian and
> possibly doing this with Andreas Tille through the MoM program.

That's great.  I have added an entry for March 2014. :-)

> The package
> I would like to start helping get into the system is phyutility - a program
> that is useful for formatting and postprocessing of sequence data and
> phylogenetic trees. For some background, I am a biologist and develop a
> number of programs for analysis of biological data and long time debian
> user (and lurker) but wanting to get more involved.  Thanks for the
> consideration.

As you might know I have previously injected some packaging code where
you can start from the status that is just in SVN[1].  I realised that I
forgot to add the package to our tasks page[2] and for some very boring
reason the system to rebuild this page is currently broken
(svn://anonscm.debian.org does not seem to work since yesterday - so you
might be affected as well - but you should checkout via svn+ssh anyway
so you can safely circumvent this problem).

I think to start working you should simply follow the Debian Med policy
document, register on alioth.debian.org and ask for beeing added to the
Debian Med project.  Please do not hesitate to ask here when facing any
trouble in doing so.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/phyutility/trunk/
[2] http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio