Re: MIA - Software for medical image alaysis

Hi Gert,

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 04:46:23PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> >     git.debian.org/git/debian-med/libvistaio.git
> >
> Directory name changed, Should I also change the source package name
> from vistaio to libvistaio?

Yes - we have some kind of undocumented good practice to do so (probably
it would be sane to push this into team policy).

> The other proposed directory names (+.git) would be
>
>  libmialm, mia, mialmpick, miaviewitgui, pymia

Sounds reasonable to me.

> It is really only IO, Tell me if the description needs
> clarification, and of course anything else that is needed to make
> the package Debian worthy.

I'll have a look later today or tomorrow.  I (or some other team member)
need to have a close look when sponsering the package anyway.

> I think it's dead. I do not maintain it anymore, and most if not all
> image processing facilities are included in libvia (AFAIK). Vistaio
> is effectively libvista stripped down to the IO functions (plus some
> new IO data types).

OK, thanks for the clarification.

> >PS: You could do me a favour if you would not CC me in your mails
> >     because it is the list policy to just post to the list.  Hope
> >     this does not cause much trouble with your mail user agent.
> That's fine, I just did it this way because the first responses also
> were to me with the list in CC.

Yep, that's what we are sometimes doing for newcomers when we are not
100% sure whether he is subscribed.

> Next week I will be out of office, but after that will start to add
> the other packages.

Thanks for your effort