Re: MIA - Software for medical image alaysis

Hi Gert,

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 02:22:51PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> I'm at the point of uploading the first package (vistaio), to
>
>   git.debian.org/git/debian-med/vistaio.git

That's great - but please use

    git.debian.org/git/debian-med/libvistaio.git

We will have another package vista (Hospital information system totally
unrelated to libvista (and this other non-free system with the same
name.)  I do not think that we should make the name space that similar
and prefixing a library package with 'lib' is a good idea in general.

> I've seen that I should add the packages to the tasks file,

I'd volunteer to do this.

> Since this library is only IO, should it still go into imaging?

Hmmmm, I admit that I do not know much about it - so if you think that
it is just a precondition for those really imaging related libraries it
might not be worth mentioning it here.  I'll have a look at the package
description - just make sure it is verbose enough to let even people
like me understand the use of the package.

> Where would the doc package go?

Currently we do not maintain doc packages via metapackages (once we had
med-doc but it was totally unmaintained - so we decided to drop it.)

> BTW:
> There are packages  libvista2/libvsta2-dev package listed. Maybe it
> should be removed.

I just removed libvista2 because the imaging task should list
applications rather than libraries.  If you would confirm that
libvista2-dev is dead / unmaintained / not worth packaging I'll remove
it as well.  At the time when I included this entry it made some sense
and I did not followed the development any more.

PS: You could do me a favour if you would not CC me in your mails
    because it is the list policy to just post to the list.  Hope
    this does not cause much trouble with your mail user agent.