Re: MIA - Software for medical image alaysis

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 09:40:47AM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> that is great -- ideally they should be completely lintian-free for
> Debian proper upload. I guess if you seek help for particular
> problems/questions -- we could help here

Yep - just ask for help in specific problems.

> >   mialm
> > a support library for a surface rendering and landmark picking
> > software
>
> in general imho recommended way for sponsorsed uploads is to
> upload source packages to mentors.debian.org since it provides
> additional checks etc, then uploads get sponsored.

In case you might decide to join the Debian Med team mentors.debian.net
(it is *.net* for mentors - may be this was the reason why Gert assumed
that debian.org was down) is just voluntary.  We use commits to our
VCSes (either SVN or Git at your choice) and sponsors grab from there.

> Also may be debian-med hardcore team would advise on keeping debian
> packaging within debian-med VCS to allow easier centralized packaging
> management.

Yes.

> > PS: Now I read that the prefered way to do packaging is on
> > git.debian.org, but is seems debian.org is down, so I can't get
> > access to the policy documents :(
>
> apt-get install debian-policy

Gert was seeking for the

     Debian Med policy

... and the first hit from a good search machine has the answer to this
query.  Here you get several answers specifically how to work with our
VCS.  Hope this helps - if not just keep on asking.

Kind regards and thanks for your interest in Debian Med