Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

Hi Yaroslav,

------------------
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Yaroslav Halchenko
<debian@onerussian.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> Great to hear that we are almost there.  Next step actually would be to
> make sure it builds "correct" binary packages in a clean
> environment (e.g. using pbuilder or cowbuilder).  Last time I have tried
> (22nd of June), and that was the same 5.5-000+git104-g4077ab8 the
> resultant .deb's were lacking executable permissions on all binaries...
> we also need assure suid root on
> ./usr/lib/fis-gtm/V5.5-000_x86_64/gtmsecshr and chmod 700
> ./usr/lib/fis-gtm/V5.5-000_x86_64/gtmsecshrdir to match upstream's
> "fortification" effort.

I just double checked in my recent build, and yes, we still
need to address the (a) gtmsecshr and (b) gtmsecshrdir  suid    :-/

I need to track on whether this is something that must be done
with CMake or something to be done with the gtminstall script.

> using pbuilder  or cowbuilder is plain easy when you have .dsc source
> package already... pretty much in simplest case:
>
> cowbuilder --create         # to be done once to create clean env
> cowbuilder --build bla.dsc  # to build source package into binaries

I haven't used cowbuilder,
but I'll give it a shot tomorrow,
following your instructions.

> also change back to debian/compat 9 (am I repeating myself? ;) so I just
> did it ;-) ) to get advantage of security fortification compile
> flags out of the box

That's my bad....

When I run it in my VM, I get an error about "9",
which probably means that my VM is not up to
date enough...

I'll avoid committing changes to this number. Sorry.

      Luis