Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:02:07PM -0400, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> > so I could have also a look and then
> >> possibly workout helper settings files under /etc/fis-gts/, and possibly
> >> give a final look to code-base, and upload to Debian.
> >
> I think we are ready for this step.

Sounds good and I would probably consider to do it before tomorrow
evening.  While I think NEW will not be processed before the freeze we
could use it as our internal goal.

So please let me rephrase what needs to be done:

  1. Check out orig source using
       make -f debian/rules get-orig-source
  2. Use Build stuff in SVN to build the package

Is this correct?  If yes I'd be very happy to do this and upload.

Question: It seems development is strongly focussed on Git.  It might
sound natural to move the packaging also into Debian Med git.  Do you
agree and if yes do we want to do this step before we upload or after?
Also if yes: If you regard the history of packaging as relevant would
you volunteer to move the packaging in SVN to Git (I'm no Git expert
I would only follow the instructions to create a new repository)?