Re: How to proceed with EMBOSS packaging (Was: About having EMBOSS 6.4.0 in Wheezy or not.)

Le Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:10:22AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> >From my perspective all (other) *packaging* issues are solved and I
> could go for an upload.  I personally do not have any idea how to do
> further testing.  Do you think it is OK to upload as is (see latest
> push)?  I would like to tackle the embassy packages *after* the upload
> to use pbuilder properly - so we do have a short period when embassy*
> packages do not build in unstable but I do not see this as a large
> problem.
>
> What do you think?

The package has (imperfect) regression tests, so we can quickly see if things
went wrong.  Also, I am already using at work 6.4.0 from local binary packages
built from the source package in the Git repository a couple weeks ago.  So I
think it is safe to upload.

The last think missing is Breaks: statement against the current embassy-*
packages and lower versions.

Would you like me to add the Breaks: statements and upload ?

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,