How to proceed with EMBOSS packaging (Was: About having EMBOSS 6.4.0 in Wheezy or not.)

Hi Charles,

as you probably have noticed when watching commit logs I started working
on EMBOSS packaging.  I was a bit unsure about some changes (perhaps
refreshing all quilt patches might have been questionably - feel free to
revert) and I also do have some additional question how to handle some
lintian issues:

  1. E: emboss-lib: embedded-library usr/lib/emboss/lib/libepcre.so.7.0.9: pcre3

     Any comment on this?

  2. W: jemboss: codeless-jar usr/share/EMBOSS/jemboss/resources/acdstore.jar
       as well as
     W: jemboss: classpath-contains-relative-path usr/share/EMBOSS/jemboss/lib/jemboss.jar: lib/jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar, lib/jalviewApplet.jar

     This looks suspicious - perhaps I need to contact our Java experts
     about this.

  3. W: emboss: menu-command-not-in-package usr/share/menu/emboss:8 usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator

     Are you *really* sure that it is necessary to call x-terminal-emulator?
     My guess is that the reason for this is the way you want the screen
     to remain via
       "...;echo press any key to continue"
     If this assumption is right we probably should add an override because
     the lintian output is that bloated to possibly oversee some relevant
     things.

     On the other hand: Do users really call these tools via menu?
     Wouldn't it be better to drop the menu support at all and rather
     teach users using command line?

Please explain how you would deal these issues to enable me continue to
work on this in a way you would regard reasonable.