Re: About having EMBOSS 6.4.0 in Wheezy or not.

Le Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 05:38:49PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 10:12:40PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> Whatever, didn't you said an 15.6. a new Emboss will be released?  IMHO
> this should be uploaded *immediately*.  Please make sure you will be
> verbose if you need some help with this.

Hi Andreas,

sorry if I made a typo... usually EMBOSS is released July 15th.

It is very unfortunate that I am so busy at work at the time of the freeze, and
it is hard to keep up.  For EMBOSS, the most important will be to:

  - Use appropriate Breaks fields to displace the EMBASSY packages
    corresponding to the 6.3.1 release.

  - Ideally update and upload the embassy-* packages the same day as emboss,
    so that the transition logistics are minimal.

If somebody wants to do it, please go ahead.  Also, I will keep an eye on the
commit list, and can probably spare a bit of time to help.

(For the deletion in the clean target, it is actually a good way to prevent
dpkg-source to generate patches against generated files present in the tarball,
that was used often for the autoconf scripts, but it clashes a bit with the way
git-buildpackage works).

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy