Re: How to proceed with EMBOSS packaging (Was: About having EMBOSS 6.4.0 in Wheezy or not.)

Le Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:40:32AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 05:19:53PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > After spending a lot of time on clarifying the license of the test suite files,
> > I would be very ashamed to report that it wasted everybody's time because
> > EMBOSS has anyway to go to non-free.
>
> Huh??? As far as I followed the mail exchange regarding this the issue
> was clarified and settled.  Is there any news which I might have missed?

Sorry, I was unclear; the problem with the test suite is solved.

After having third parties work hard and consult their lawyers to solve the
problem, I feel reluctant to move EMBOSS to non-free because of source-less
jars.

I admit I should have triplechecked that the rest of the package is 100% fit
for main before bothering UniProt.

Given that these jars are already in main, I think that it would not hurt to
upload 6.4.0.  Then I can write an email to the upstream developer list,
announcing the good news, enquiring for 6.5.0 (in the past they sent us
prereleases) and discussing how to build jebmoss using Debian's jars.  Once
this is achieved, we can upload a stripped source package.

Thanks a lot for your help, I am still quite short of time this week...

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,