Re: About having EMBOSS 6.4.0 in Wheezy or not.

Le Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:25:44PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 06:59:59PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > for package maintained in Git, I do not maintain a clean target anymore,
> > because it is very easy to reset the repository. 'git clean -fd; git checkout .'
> > will delete anything unknown to git and cancel any local change.
>
> You missunderstand my mail:  The problem occures in a *clean* checkout.
> The usual build process of git-buildpackage is calling
>    make -f debian/rules clean
>
> In short: The package does not build from a fresh checkout.

Hi Andreas,

I checked and it builds with --git-ignore-new.  The annoying thing with git-buildpackage
is that first it cleans the package, and then it builds the tarball, which means that
if the clean rule delete some files it gives some errors like the one you have seen.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,