Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 10:19:48AM -0400, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> I would think that it is worth to keep moving through the Debian workflow.
>
> In that way, we can take care of fixing any issues in parallel.  As
> different
> people work in different parts. Brad and Amul have the build process under
> control. So, I probably will be more useful on moving the packaging process
> forward.
>
> I'm happy to volunteer to upload it to experimental.
>
> Pointers to Debian documentation that I should read
> to learn about this process will be greatly appreciated...      :-)

Well, make sure SVN is so far up to date that the watch file enables
me to fetch the right source tarball via

     uscan --verbose --force-download

and the package builds using pbuilder.  Could you confirm that this is
the case?  Perhaps this is the case but I can not see this from the svn
logs.  Currently the command above fetches

     gtm_V55000_linux_i686_src.tar.gz

and seems to remain with the method to fetch some extra files as we did
before the cmakification.

So what we really need just now is the result from your workshop in some
kind of release tarball that could be builded using the packaging stuff
in our SVN.  In short:  Uploading to experimental is perfectly the dame
as we tried in the MoM period with the only difference that in
debian/changelog is experimental mentioned instead of unstable.

IMHO it would help to clean up the packaging repository (perhaps removing
fis-gtm-initial and fis-gtm-server - as far as I understood this is not
used any more, right?) and provide a suitable source tarball.