Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

Andreas,

A quick update on the status of the fis-gtm package.

After the hackathon on Wednesday, there has been
further activity and things are coming along nicely.

The most recent version of the fis-gtm source tree along with
the corresponding CMakeLists.txt file is here (in a branch):

https://github.com/luisibanez/fis-gtm/tree/hackathonjune2012-brad

Many thanks to Brad King (Kitware) and Amul Shah (FIS)
who did the large majority of this work.

The most up to date debian packaging files are
now in the SVN repository:

svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/fis-gtm/fis-gtm/trunk/debian

These are based on the modifications that Yaroslav did during
the hackathon, and include some retouches done today to match
small changes in the CMake-fis-gtm configuration process.

Many thanks to Yaroslav for making the trip to join us at the
hackathon and for redoing the configuration of the Debian
package.

-----

1) fis-gtm + cmake builds now in 32bits and 64bits Intel.

2) debuild manages to build the source tree and generate
     two .deb packages. One with fis-gtm-5.5 and the other
     one with additional metapackages that make easier to
     deal with versioning:

                 fis-gtm_5.5-000-1_all.deb
                 fis-gtm-5.5.000_5.5-000-1_i386.deb

3) We get a couple of lintian warnings, but they look
    easy to solve. We will be looking at them next week.

4) The fis-gtm-5.5.000_5.5-000-1_i386.deb package
     installs nicely when using dpkg -i.

Pending Issues:

A) We need to address a Post-Installation step
    where some .m files are compiled in their
    final destination. We are brainstorming on
    this with Yaroslav, Bhaskar, Amul and Brad...

B) Testing, testing, testing: we need to do a lot
     of testing on the resulting build, to make
     sure that we got things right.

C) A new source tree will be distributed at some
     point by the fis-gtm upstream team. This will
     include the CMakeLists.txt file and the additional
     files that are needed to bootstrap the build in
     the absence of an installed GTM compiler.

We are getting really close to get a fis-gtm package...   :-)

      Luis