Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

Hi,

many thanks for the report about the workshop and all the work you all
did!

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 06:23:46PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> >    A) We need to address a Post-Installation step
> >        where some .m files are compiled in their
> >        final destination. We are brainstorming on
> >        this with Yaroslav, Bhaskar, Amul and Brad...
>
> now that it is buildable/usable it is time to cheat and simply perform
> that gtminstall step right during package buildtime ;-) and then see if
> there are no obvious problems with the functioning at run time.  In our
> our late evening attempt with Bhaskar -- GT.M seemed to function ok even
> if 'deployment directory' was moved.   so as soon as there is something
> for B) (wasn't there that minimal testcase script?) -- it would be worth
> checking on that.  I thought you had it somewhere -- could you
> share it?
>
> >    B) Testing, testing, testing: we need to do a lot
> >         of testing on the resulting build, to make
> >         sure that we got things right.

Do you feel the time is ripe for an upload to experimental (and could
you volunteer to do this - I do not want to drag you into this and will
take over sponsering future packages but for the moment it seems you are
way more competent than me to do this).