Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

so -- here is a brief summary/status while kitware+GT.M folks are
finishing cmakification of GT.M's build system.  I have pushed my
changes for debian/ (summarized below) to
https://github.com/yarikoptic/fis-gtm/tree/debian

My main concern was that upstream's way to deploy GT.M requires
installation time building of some .m files, which they suggested
to do at .postinst time... which obviously I hoped/argued to avoid.

With the manual tweaking 'stage2' installation I have tested, GM.T seems
to work even if we move the installation directory into the 'deployment
path'  -- it just gives full 'build path' if a corresponding *.m file is
not found which is imho a minor issue.  So it is a good sign although it
would require to run at least some reasonable test battery to say that
it works with some assurance.  After cmakification gets ironed out so
built binaries work without segfaulting ;)  then we can simply do 'stage
2' building/installation (gmtinstall call) at package build time thus
achieving the desired behavior (there is commented out draft of
such call in debian/rules atm... it just needs also version
specification for ICU library... yeah).

changes:
  [ Yaroslav Halchenko ]
  * debian/control:
    - boosted policy and added few -dev packages we know to be needed
    - removed unused ATM adduser, ucf, debconf from *Depends
    - provide both meta and versioned fis-gtm packages
    - boosted policy to 3.9.3
    - boosted dh compat 9 to get hardening flags automagically
  * debian/copyright:
    - adjusted for DEP5
  * debian/rules:
    - disable call to gtminstall at package build time:
      upstream relies on the installdir path internally so "$test" command
      used in various tools would not work rendering system broken according
      to upstream
    - generate lintian-overrides for shlib-with-executable-stack
    - provide dumped from web changelog for the most recent release

Cheers and I am hitting the road back now

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences