Re: cufflinks package is ready for upload

On 12/12/2011 04:35 PM, Carlos Borroto wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Alex Mestiashvili
> <alex@biotec.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
>
>> On 12/11/2011 04:52 AM, Charles Plessy wrote:
>>
>>> Next step, apart from contacting cufflinks authors about locfit, is probably to
>>> package Tophat for having the full toolchain.  I see a package in Carlos J
>>> Borroto's personal package archive on Launchpad.  There is probably a good synergy
>>> to have there (and samtools/bam.h patches to share ?).
>>>
>>>   https://launchpad.net/~cjav/+archive/biotools/+packages
>>>

>> I'll have a look on tophat this week .
>> About locfit , it seems to be quite popular algorithm and to be honest I
>> don't believe that upstream will change it .
>> But I'll try to get in touch with authors .
>>

> Hi Alex, Charles,
>
> I follow this list closely and would love to get more involve, but
> sadly I haven't had the time to contribute. I just finish my school
> semester and will have a couple of months where I'll have more time to
> devote.
>
> I'll be happy and very interested to help. I don't have much
> experience with serious packaging work, but if someone is willing to
> tutor me in the beginning I should be able to get a grasp of the
> process quite fast, as I do have some basic experience.
>
> I'll start by working on the Tophat package and getting as ready as I
> can, and maybe we can work from there.
>
> Thanks,
> Carlos

Hi Carlos ,

Nice that you have started packaging for ubuntu .

I've created an empty git repository for tophat
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/tophat.git

Can I import your existing package to the repository ?
Or if you like you also can do this. It is described on the policy page .

Best regards ,
Alex