Re: cufflinks package is ready for upload

On 12/11/2011 04:52 AM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:07:46AM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
>
>> It is a bit late so I will not upload this night, but if nobody sends a patch
>> until tomorrow morning, I will upload the package as it is.  Let's ask Upstream
>> to replace locfit, which is also the cause for cufflinks to be non-free, and
>> turn the dpkg-buildflags on later.
>>
> Good morning :)

Hi Charles ,
> I uploaded cufflinks, after turning on xz compression for the binary package as
> it saves half of the space.

Nice , good to know !
> For the packages I maintain in Git, I usually store the build logs in a special
> branch (http://charles.plessy.org/Debian/debiâneries/tout-dans-git).  Would you
> like me to do so for cufflinks ?  I am currently exploring on off-line packages
> if it is practical to have each architecture log in a separate branch, for
> easier comparisons.  Can I try this with cufflinks as well ?

Sure , please do as you like .
> Next step, apart from contacting cufflinks authors about locfit, is probably to
> package Tophat for having the full toolchain.  I see a package in Carlos J
> Borroto's personal package archive on Launchpad.  There is probably a good synergy
> to have there (and samtools/bam.h patches to share ?).
>
>   https://launchpad.net/~cjav/+archive/biotools/+packages

I'll have a look on tophat this week .
About locfit , it seems to be quite popular algorithm and to be honest I
don't believe that upstream will change it .
But I'll try to get in touch with authors .

> Have a nice Sunday,

Have a nice Monday !

Alex