Re: Prism build attempts

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 02:36:11PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> As an obvioss non-expert I would consider this as totally contrary what
> Debian users can expect.  On Debian you install a package and once this
> is finished you can fire up the programm.  This is what our users expect
> (recently I was totally confused when I had to deal with a SuSE system
> and after installing the apache rpm no apache was running - I felt
> totally strange to be forced to call the init.d script.)

While I agree with that being strange I'm not sure it can be
a blanket statement for any sort of package. Consider
upgrades to gnumed-server - you'll have to initiate the
actual database upgrade yourself after installing a new
package -- because Debian simply cannot know when the time
is right for actually upgrading the database with regard to
clients on, maybe, *other* machines connecting to this
Debian machine as database server.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346