Re: Prism build attempts

I'm responding to Thorsten's attempt to build Prism in CLISP. It has been done, but at this point you have to really know more about Lisp.

I will work on this - the basic problem is that defsystem thinks that for CLISP the filenames should end in .lsp not .cl so it does not find any of the source files.

cl-acl-compat does not provide any of the ACL functions that are used in Prism. These functions are not in the ANSI standard. They are mainly operating system functions. The way to fix this is to add to Prism conditionals for other lisps which hopefully have similar extensions. Some of these are unnecessary in other Lisp systems. I will work on it.

The make-prism.cl file is used to build binaries, either dumped lisp images or standalone binaries. It is completely ACL specific. I will rename it make-prism-acl.cl and work on creating similar make-prism files for other lisps.

Regarding the directory tree structure, it reflects the fact that Prism is composed from several subsystems, some of which (slik and dicom especially) should be packaged separately and the packaging should just include the package dependencies. If that is done right, it should be possible to rewrite the compile and binary generation to handle it. I'll work on breaking up the code into separate units, then someone who understands the Debian packaging can help with the install scripts.

An alternative name for uw-prism could be rtp-prism-uw but uw-prism is probably ok too.

I'm really pleased with your interest in this project. I've subscribed to debian-med so no need to send to me separately unless you want to send a private message.

Ira