Re: License of Prism

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the quick reply. I noticed that PLUNC is also listed on the tasks page, appropriately enough, as it and Prism are about the only freely available RTP project codes.

For two reasons, I would not advocate including any binaries in the package, only source code. One is that we should avoid any indication that we are distributing a "medical device", per the FDA definition, as the FDA regulates the distribution of such software, whether or not you charge money for it. The second is that binaries depend strongly on which Lisp compiler and runtime system you choose to create them, so it is best to let users choose their Lisp compiler and build their own.

How do I get added to the debian-med list? Is this appropriate? I am interested to keep informed about activities.

Best regards,

Ira