Re: Ginkgo-CADx package - was: Install on ubuntu 10.04.2 or debian 6

Hello,

thank you all for your work on this.

On 05/26/2011 10:18 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> W: ginkgocadx: postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
>> W: ginkgocadx: postrm-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
> That's a usual warning in connection with the rpath issue.

>> E: ginkgocadx: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
>> usr/lib/ginkgocadx/Plugins/libvisualizator.so.2.4.1.1
>> /usr/lib/openmpi/lib
> So this is really an issue.
But I think lintian is wrong here. The error should just be
overridden.

If libvisualizator.so is not used in any other context thatn
ginkgo-cadx, then the location in Plugins is just right and
the binary should get that rpath set....od ld.conf.d be
extended or ... but for the moment I am rather happy
about that rpath.
>> N:    To fix this problem, look for link lines like:
>> N:        gcc test.o -o test -Wl,--rpath,/usr/local/lib
>> N:    or
>> N:        gcc test.o -o test -R/usr/local/lib
>> N:    and remove the -Wl,--rpath or -R argument. You can also use the chrpath
>> N:    utility to remove the RPATH.
>> N:
>> N:    Refer to http://wiki.debian.org/RpathIssue for details.
> We should verify whether " -Wl,--rpath," strings occure in the build log
> and if possible patch the build system to avoid these.  If this is not
> successfill, I'd consider overriding the error and upload to
> experimental (leaving a note about this in README.source to document it
> properly).
Seconded.
>> E: ginkgocadx: embedded-library
>> usr/lib/ginkgocadx/libCADxCore.so.2.4.1.1: sqlite
> As I said I would just link against the Debian packaged sqlite.
This is of course annoying. I'd ignore that, too, though.
Just make it appear in experimental as soon as possible.
The SQLite is shipping as a source with ginkgo-cad, right?
Otherwise we might be risking  a violation with the GPL
(if sqlite is GPLed).
>> So in summary rpath is an Error.
> Yes.  If you need any help I'd volunteer for this, but we should find
> some way to base our work on the same code in debian/.  So we need to
> either get svn working again or find some other way to colaborate.
I'd consider it a limitation of lintian, nothing blocking an upload to
unstable. Ok, maybe that is part why I don't volunteer as a helper
to the ftp masters. The sqlite thingy I'd prefer fixed for unstable,
though.

Best regards,

Steffen