Re: Ginkgo-CADx package - was: Install on ubuntu 10.04.2 or debian 6

Hi Mathieu,

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 09:31:19AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> i cannot update the svn today. So I'll post the output of lintian I
> got the last time I tried:

at least I can confirm that svn commits work in principle if you adapt
your .ssh/known_hosts to the new server key.  If it is no technical
reason on your side which prevents you from commiting we might just
wait.

> $ ls
> -rw-r--r-- 1 mathieu mathieu    1609 May 11 13:04
> ginkgocadx_2.4.1.1-1_amd64.changes
>
> $ lintian -i ginkgocadx_2.4.1.1-1_amd64.changes
> W: ginkgocadx source: newer-standards-version 3.9.2 (current is 3.9.1)
> W: ginkgocadx: spelling-error-in-description throught through

Both are easy to fix.

> W: ginkgocadx: new-package-should-close-itp-bug

I could issue an ITP on behalf of the Debian Med team.  Just tell me
that I should do this (or do it yourself and CC to the list) to make
sure we will not have duplicate ITPs.

> W: ginkgocadx: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/ginkgocadx

Could be left for later versions - we should cooperate with upstream
here.

> W: ginkgocadx: postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
> W: ginkgocadx: postrm-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig

That's a usual warning in connection with the rpath issue.

> E: ginkgocadx: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
> usr/lib/ginkgocadx/Plugins/libvisualizator.so.2.4.1.1
> /usr/lib/openmpi/lib

So this is really an issue.

> N:    To fix this problem, look for link lines like:
> N:        gcc test.o -o test -Wl,--rpath,/usr/local/lib
> N:    or
> N:        gcc test.o -o test -R/usr/local/lib
> N:    and remove the -Wl,--rpath or -R argument. You can also use the chrpath
> N:    utility to remove the RPATH.
> N:
> N:    Refer to http://wiki.debian.org/RpathIssue for details.

We should verify whether " -Wl,--rpath," strings occure in the build log
and if possible patch the build system to avoid these.  If this is not
successfill, I'd consider overriding the error and upload to
experimental (leaving a note about this in README.source to document it
properly).

> E: ginkgocadx: embedded-library
> usr/lib/ginkgocadx/libCADxCore.so.2.4.1.1: sqlite

As I said I would just link against the Debian packaged sqlite.

> So in summary rpath is an Error.

Yes.  If you need any help I'd volunteer for this, but we should find
some way to base our work on the same code in debian/.  So we need to
either get svn working again or find some other way to colaborate.

Thanks for your work on this