Re: Packaging r-bioc-simpleaffy

> We could overrule this, certainly, as Dirk keeps reminding us, this
> is our repository. But we certainly need to think twice about if those
> packages are not possibly too much evolving to be of any use in the
> main distribution in the first place. For BioConductor's Debian packages
> I would tend to think that a separate repository may be preferable.

Does this not mean that there ought to be a more convenient way for
users to discover that they need to activate an additional repository
(say, by somehow providing "pointers" from dummy meta "packages" within
the main archive towards other repos, or else via some tasks-like
mechanism or some such) and a user-friendly way of enabling such
repos ?

To provide this infrastructure is surely out of scope for Debian Med
proper but seems to be a useful target for Blends as such but needs
to be implemented in core Debian.

Karsten