Re: All free packages of CRAN an BioConductor built for Debian and Ubuntu

Le Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 07:29:23PM +0100, Steffen Möller a écrit :

> I was thinking about a bioconductor source package that comes with some binaries
> that depend on various related subgroups of the archive. Those packages could
> add the URL to /etc/apt/sources.d, learn the gpg key of the archive and then
> run apt-get update ... would be a bit strange, no?

Hi Steffen,

One possible starting point :

http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/r-bioconductor-biobase.git

For the addition to /etc/apt/sources.d, I think I recall that something similar
was discussed on debian-devel@l.d.o or debian-mentors@l.d.o recently, and the
feeling was strongly negative, see http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/11/msg00174.html
(Sorry that I could not find this reference faster and reply to an earlier email you sent)

This said, the r-bioconductor-biobase could carry proeminent instructions on
how to enable your cran2deb repository.

By the way, can you use a magic tilde to ensure that the cran2deb packages have
a lower version number than possible official packages? For instance,
r-bioc-abarray_1.18.0-1cran1_all.deb would become r-bioc-abarray_1.18.0-1~cran1_all.deb.

Have a nice day, and many thanks for this great effort.

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,