Re: Plans for Squeeze release and Alioth accounts.

Le Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 03:15:40PM +0200, Anthony Boureux a écrit :

> May be it is time for me to contribute to debian.
> So, I will present myself : I'm doing research and teaching in
> bioinformatic and molecular biology. My research work are based on
> analysis of transcriptomic and genomic data. For expert in these fields
> : keywords = transcriptome, genome, non-coding RNA, human stem cells,
> next-generation sequencing (NGS).

Bonjour Anthony, and welcome on board :)

Our Subversion repository welcomes draft packages as well as uploaded packages.
Please register a guest account on Alioth as Andreas explained you. Also, if you
prefer Git, maybe it will be a good time for us to open a Git area as well.

For hosting the Perl libraries, you have the choice between the debian-med and
the pkg-perl repositories on Alioth. Both are equally fine. I tend to chose the
pkg-perl for libraries that are packaged in completely standard way, and the
debian-med repository when there are some specificities or when they are
strongly tied with another Debian Med package (that may be the case with
libbio-das-lite-perl and das-proserver).

Please feel free to ask plenty of questions, and many thanks for offering your
help.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy