Re: Plans for Squeeze release and Alioth accounts.

Charles Plessy a écrit :
Le Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 12:08:54PM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
time flies fast and we are already between one third and the half of this
release cycle. I propose that we discuss what are the goals that we would like
to acheive in Debian Squeeze.

OK, I guess it is my turn :)

Other things that I would like to do are finishing the GBrowse package (I may
have stopped at a stage where 99% is done…) and package more programs relevant
to ’next-generation’ sequencing. Actually if there are volunteers for preparing
such packages, I can propose some programs, and I am sure that there will be
much support on this list for technical questions.

May be it is time for me to contribute to debian.
So, I will present myself : I'm doing research and teaching in bioinformatic and molecular biology. My research work are based on analysis of transcriptomic and genomic data. For expert in these fields : keywords = transcriptome, genome, non-coding RNA, human stem cells, next-generation sequencing (NGS).

I'm using debian on my computers for 4 years (personals and servers that I manage). And now, I don't known how I could use other operating system or distribution. So, I think is time to contribute.

I packaged few perl library (not too difficult with dh-make-perl) in particularly for das-proserver. But before release it to you, I have to check if it respect the debian policy. I will be interested by packaging few programs for the next-generation sequencing technology as bowtie (http://bowtie-bio.sourceforge.net/index.shtml) similar to Maq (already packaged) but faster and because I'm using it.
I will like to help Charles, at least to test, GBrowse package.
I will probably try to package the pftools program (it compile easily, but is in fortran and I have to check if it's work again with the last version of the compiler).

first, to get the procedure right : I will complete the libbio-das-lite-perl package require by das-proserver with your help (in another thread).

Thank you very much, for the work already done.

Best regards,
Anthony Boureux.