Re: RFC: packaging layout for Odin

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Michael Hanke wrote:

If we are honest, this kind of package will never have a popcon stat
with three digits (simply because it is very very very special
interest). Having it (IMHO) overengineered will cause an unreasonable
workload on some project members -- with close to no benefit (again
IMHO).

Well, any package should be designed at the best technical state we
are able to provide.  A low popcon is no excuse to work sloppy.  Our
group would get into trouble with ftpmaster to get packages through
if we become famous for low popcon packages with low packaging standard.
On the other hand we should not try to apply overengineering to any
package.  I think the answer of upstream gave quite clear advise
for a reasonable packaging strategy.