Status of ODIN, VISTA and friends

Hi David, hi list,

I am currently working on the packages of LIPSIA (listed at [0]) --
currently mainly for our own lab purposes, but of course also with the
aim to provide an official Debian package.

LIPSIA depending on the VISTA library raises the question if there has
been any progress since [1]? AFAIK there is at least a 'via' package
that might have superseeded the pieces that are needed by LIPSIA, but
then there is also MIA (sorry, no URL).

Is anyone working on this issue -- or stopped working on it and could
provide prospective packaging of some form or a status report?

On a related issue there is also still unpackaged ODIN [2]. There had
been an RFP [3] and some activity by David, but the current status is
not clear to me. I had a quick look at it today and it looks like an
easy target. It would definitely be worth to packaging it -- anyone
working on that one? David, did you start and stopped at some point -- if
so, why? Are there any hidden problems, e.g. copyright issues or similar?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

[0] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.html
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2008/01/msg00210.html