Re: RFC: packaging layout for Odin

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 03:37:42PM +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:21:36 +0100, Michael Hanke wrote:
<big snip>

> libodin1, libodin-dev, libodin1-dbg, odin, odin-doc
>
> Obviously, after receiving a reply from upstream. ;)
Sure. Do as you like, but ask yourself:

* What other application would these libraries use?

  I really think that these are intended for development _inside_ ODIN
  and the result is a simulation _inside_ ODIN and not a standalone tool
  linked against some lib that could be packaged on its own. I simply
  see no advantage of packaging them as shared libs -- believe me,
  shared library packaging is nothing you should start without need.

* Is there any 'plan' how to develop SO versions with upstream? The
  upstream build systems does not set any -- I assume on purpose.

Moreover, the cpp are the actual templates that are used to develop own
sequences -- IMHO this is more than plain documentation. Just take a
look at the actual user interface.

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke