Re: BioLinux

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille wrote:

>    http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/bioinformatics/

I looked through their "protein" category and can stress that
Debian-Med has not need whatsoever to shy off. We just don't
list every binary that EMBOSS comes with as a separate program.

I personally feel that there is not overly much more that people
really use and that is freely available but not packaged by us ...
ok, a few do come to mind. But not overly much, really.

Best,

Steffen

Who has just installed Ubuntu on a nice machine whose e1000 ethernet
card was not recognised by the Debian installer and then was happy
to find (most of) the Debian-Med packages there, too!  Mustang is
actually available on Ubuntu but hangs around in our new queue for
quite a while already.