Can somebody sponsor dialign-t_0.2.2.dfsg-1 ?

Le Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 09:11:57AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> IMHO, not our source tarball is the main target for the user but the
> binary package.

Hi Andreas,

this is exactly why I disagree with those who make it mandatory to
"clean" the upstream tarball from sourceless but otherwise free
documentation.

I have prepared a new version of dialign-t in which I rm-rf'ed the doc
directory (I am pessimistic on the outcome of the discussion on -devel,
which already digressed into an interesting debate about embedded
fonts). The package is on mentors.d.n:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dialign-t/dialign-t_0.2.2.dfsg-1.dsc

I did not get answer from upstream yet, and I do not want to become
upstream instead of him. So I will not polish the tarball any further.
For the html and PDF, I do not feel like replacing them. Neither writing
a rule what generates the expurged tarball. My interest in dialign-t is
to get DM-Coffee work, so I will keep focusing on this.

Thanks anyway for the answer, I am quite happy to see that we managed to
make at least one other upstream sanitizing its naming scheme (njplot
and seaview), so the "educational" part of our activity is definitively
useful. I will make your recommendations to dialgn-t's upstream if he
manifests himself.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
I can not beleive I just spent 40 minutes in removing some non-non-free docs!