Re: Report from Libre Software Meeting

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

I certainly know that I would make it a strong suggest for
the gnumed-client package.

Well, a "strong suggest" is called "Recommends" ;-)

Anyway, we packaged volpack:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-exppsy/volpack/?rev=0&sc=0

But unfortunately discovered that libfame is non-free.
:-(   Very schade.

Any thoughts on a remedy for that ?

Yes, You might like to try the package that is compiled without this
lib and report about the constraints by this missing lib.  Perhaps
somebody could ask the author.  If I'm not wrong it is about reading
writing MPEGs.  We might be able to replace this by some OGG Vorbis
video format (there will probably exist libs for this).  Just a
wild guess without checking the facts ...