Re: libfame

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Christian Marillat wrote:
[ ... I hope your answer is not that private that a quote in public would
  violate your privace - so I forewar it to Debian-Med list which has a
  discussion about this.]

I would like to know whether there are hard facts to keep libfame
outside Debian or whether there is some chance for inclusion if
we try to bother ftpmaster (debian-devel) a little bit about it.
What's your opinion?

Always the same problem with encoder in Debian: licences. libfame can
encode in mpeg 2 and mpeg 4 which are not free.

Is there any chance to have kind of a "libunfame" comparable to the
libungif library which only contains free algorithms with a reduced
but sufficient functionality?