Re: Medical Ubuntu Project

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 11:07:38AM -0700, Charles Fitz wrote:

> The project that is being worked on is a database of *content* for lab use,
> a (hopefully)complete and searchable reference that can be used by Labratory
> technologists and students stuying to be Labratory technoligists.
Please, please, please do make the content programmatically
accessible and useful, eg:

 select tests.test_name from tests where tests.linked_diagnosis = 'borreliosis';

Contrived, yes, but you get the idea. GNUmed would be the
first to access this database.

> DrugRef certainly fills a void that we have been searching to fill. I would
> like to thank you for the suggestion.
Sure, no problem.

> I should have included in the original email that nearly everyone currently
> involved in the Medical Ubuntu Project are practicing medical profesionals
> or students who will be soon. We currently have Physicians, Labratory
> technologists, nurses, a practiotioner of homeopathy and acupuncture from
> Australia(honestly not sure what they are called) and a medical secratary
> involved in the project.
Good.

> Only one of our members comes from a nonmedical
> background and she is part of the art team.
Good, too.

> It's certainly a learning
> experience for most involved with the project.
Please do try hard working with Debian-Med as much as
possible. It'd be a really pityful and tremendous waste of
scarce resources to duplicate any work. I could see Medical
Ubuntu to provide a) content and b) some sugar fluffing up
Debian-Med while Debian-Med itself might focus on a)
packaging and b) infrastructure (CDD, med-common, menu
structure, package tagging etc).

Hopefully this leads to greater good !

Karsten Hilbert, MD
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346