Re: Medical Ubuntu Project

The project that is being worked on is a database of *content* for lab use, a (hopefully)complete and searchable reference that can be used by Labratory technologists and students stuying to be Labratory technoligists.

DrugRef certainly fills a void that we have been searching to fill. I would like to thank you for the suggestion.

I should have included in the original email that nearly everyone currently involved in the Medical Ubuntu Project are practicing medical profesionals or students who will be soon. We currently have Physicians, Labratory technologists, nurses, a practiotioner of homeopathy and acupuncture from Australia(honestly not sure what they are called) and a medical secratary involved in the project. Only one of our members comes from a nonmedical background and she is part of the art team. It's certainly a learning experience for most involved with the project.

Charlie

On 8/24/06, Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
> >  We are nearing completion of a medical dictionary for openoffice, and
> >have begun work on a project to form a database of information for
> >Labarotory use, and a database for homeopathy and acupuncture as well.
Are you talking about databases of *content* for lab/... use
or databases of information *about* useful applications for
use in lab/... ?

May I suggest considering packaging DrugRef as this is a
FOSS drug database framework.

BTW: you need people in the field to find out what "suits
your needs".

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346