Re: Medical Ubuntu Project

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

It's certainly a learning
experience for most involved with the project.
Please do try hard working with Debian-Med as much as
possible. It'd be a really pityful and tremendous waste of
scarce resources to duplicate any work. I could see Medical
Ubuntu to provide a) content and b) some sugar fluffing up
Debian-Med while Debian-Med itself might focus on a)
packaging and b) infrastructure (CDD, med-common, menu
structure, package tagging etc).

I might add from my own experience: Starting and maintaining
a project needs time, persistence and patience.  You should be
able to give at least three solid reasons to start a new
project instead of joining an existing one and enhancing it
in the direction you want.  (No, you do not need to give this
reason here: Just take a piece of paper and a pen and write
down these three reasons that enforce you to maintain
Medical Ubuntu.)  If you have no problems to do this than
your project has a chance to be successful.