Re: ITK debian packages

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 10:48:42PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> Lintian is criticising the source
> package and thus removing the CVS directories from the unpackaged
> build directory will not really help.  If I'm not completely wrong
> you have to build a new orig.tar.gz file to avoid these warnings.

No, you're right.  I wasn't thinking clearly.  Speaking personally,
I wouldn't bother going to the effort of repackaging simply to avoid
a warning about CVS in source.

> >Finally, there's an unusual packaging scheme with a bunch
> >of stuff under /usr/lib/CableSwig including a "bin" and "share"
> >directories.  These should be fixed.
>
> Well, the bin directory is fine if there are some executable binaries
> that are called by a wrapper script from /usr/bin.

Perhaps; but the more usual location would be /usr/lib/cableswig,
rather than /usr/lib/CableSwig/bin.

However, the binaries in question are those of gcc-xml which you agree
should be packaged separately anyway.  So the question now is more
like: can cableswig be built to use an external gcc-xml?

> The share directory should go to
>         /usr/share/cableswig

Yes.

-Steve