Re: ITK debian packages

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

No, you're right.  I wasn't thinking clearly.  Speaking personally,
I wouldn't bother going to the effort of repackaging simply to avoid
a warning about CVS in source.

I do this personally in most cases.  But it is a question of personal
taste.  If you have good reasons to change other things in the upstream
source this should definitely be done.

Well, the bin directory is fine if there are some executable binaries
that are called by a wrapper script from /usr/bin.

Perhaps; but the more usual location would be /usr/lib/cableswig,
rather than /usr/lib/CableSwig/bin.

However, the binaries in question are those of gcc-xml which you agree
should be packaged separately anyway.  So the question now is more
like: can cableswig be built to use an external gcc-xml?

This should be prefered.