Re: ITK debian packages

Howdy Gavin,

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 01:03:33AM +1100, Gavin Baker wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 13:59 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> > I guess we also need CableSwig uploaded to Debian.
>
> Yes, I've been working on it and CableSwig 2.4 is now packaged, and
> availabe at:
>
>   http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cableswig/

I've had a look at this.

First thing lintian noticed is the CVS directories in the source.  I
pulled the upstream source distribution and noticed them in there,
too.  Weird.  I'd suggest putting the following into debian/rules
clean target:

	find . -name CVS -print 0 | xargs -0 rm -rf

Next, there's no manpage for cableidx.

Finally, there's an unusual packaging scheme with a bunch
of stuff under /usr/lib/CableSwig including a "bin" and "share"
directories.  These should be fixed.

It looks like cableswig comes bundled with gccxml.  There's already
been a request to package gcc-xml (http://bugs.debian.org/189927).  Is
the gccxml bundled with cableswig unmodified and usable as-is?  If so,
presumably it should be split out, package separately, and cableswig
should simply depend or build-depend upon it.

Thoughts?

-Steve