Re: ITK debian packages

Howdy,

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 05:26:16PM +1100, Gavin Baker wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> An update:
>
> A few days ago v2.4 of ITK was officially released, and last night I
> finished off bringing the main deb up to date.  The primary package (with
> libs, dev, and examples) is ready to go, I'll upload the new one to
> mentors.debian.net when I get home.

Last week I finally got a chance to download the 2005-12-03 version of insighttoolkit
from http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/insighttoolkit/

It builds OK, though there are a number of lintian warnings of
the nature:

W: libinsighttoolkit4-dev: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/include/InsightToolkit/Algorithms/itkBayesianClassifierImageFilter.txx

Those should be easily fixed.

I'm keen to have ITK uploaded to debian.  I notice that the ITP bug
(#184554) was closed when the packages were uploaded to
mentors.debian.net.  That's not really what's intended; rather, the
bug should remain open until the packages are uploaded to debian proper.

> There is however a problem with the tarball of the new CableSwig (the link
> doesn't work from SourceForge) so I can't do the bindings yet.  But as soon
> as the download link is fixed I'll finish off CableSwig and do the bindings.

I guess we also need CableSwig uploaded to Debian.  I couldn't find
any ITP or RFP for it.

Have you had a chance to produce packages with bindings?

Regards,
-Steve