Re: Re: LinuDent and tk_fp and odontolinux

Hi Gaetano,

> > Database backend compatibility between LinuDent and OdontoLinux!
> > would be really great.  This would allow parallel installation
> > and let the user choose the backend he likes more.
>
> Ok, I am thinking to write a new "odontolinux" for many reasons.
> By the way, I think my database is really NOT well designed so I
> think we can discuss how to make a new one to be used by Linudent
> and odontolinux. I also would like to propose an idea:
>
> WHY DON'T WE PLAN A NEW DATABASE STRUCTURE that can be able to
> manage every medical practice?

The idea is good. But a "new" start is not necessary since the GNUmed
DB is already there. Many people are working on it and would for sure
welcome input from your side to integrate Tables for Dental needs.
Horst, Karsten?

> And then we could write different clients.
> (PHP, PHP-Gtk, TclTK, Python, etc.)

GNUmed (Python) uses its DB (of course) and ResMedicinae (Java) might
eventually also use it (not reached that state yet). Now you have the
chance to use it, too. I would like to see that!
That way, at least part of our efforts are joined and when it comes to
switch to a common EHR record standard in some years (hopefully),
we change the DB model once and every project just needs to adapt
their GUI and model logic.

> So we could call it the (Debian) Medical Practice Management Suite.

That's what Debian-Med already is.

> Ok, I am just dreaming

...and that's where the best ideas come from.

But now back to implementation :-)
Christian

--
http://www.resmedicinae.org