OIO debian, Re: dang zpsycopgDA problem

Hi Steve,

  You are missing the psycopgmodule.so file that contains the psycopg
module. If you compile psycopg, the output of the compilation is this
file. This file should be in zope/lib/python2.1/site-package if you are
using the Python that comes with Zope (and you are running Zope 2.4+).
Zope 2.3 series uses python1.5.

  Compiling and installing the Zope-to-Postgresql adaptor is currently the
hardest part of the "from source code" OIO system installation.
Fortunately, we include a pre-compiled version with the OIO distribution.
I just uploaded a snapshot of current OIO-1.0.0 tree to
http://www.TxOutcome.Org/download/oio.zip. It contains a precompiled
version of psycopg module but the install script has not been tested on a
debian system.

You should know that there is a debian package (potato) available from the
psycopg site (http://initd.org/Software/psycopg)!!! I have not tried this
but seems a good idea if you are building OIO-debian package.

  Andreas Tille expressed interest in packaging OIO for debian a few
months ago. He is coordinating efforts to package some of the open source
medical software for debian. I am copying this message to his debian-med
list so that he won't have to duplicate your work.

Best regards,

Andrew
---
Andrew P. Ho, M.D.