RE: Re: LinuDent and tk_fp and odontolinux

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 smalllinux@netscape.net wrote:

> Alex and I have shared ideas and code.
Which makes much sense in my opinion.

> I will have to look at the odontolinux database fields, but I don'ts
> forsee much problem in that regard. If that happens, LinuDent ands
> odontolinux could be offered as alternate front-ends to a constants
> database backend?
This would be really great and I would love to see this realized!

> I am quite open to changing LinuDent so that more people could
> use it with two provisos:
> 1. I would continue to use tcl/tk. (There is a object oriented
>    extension call itcl, which is included in tclkit)
The only problem I have with Tcl/Tk is that I do not know it :).
But I just maintain a package which contains Tcl/Tk code (WordNet)
and got help every time I needed from the Debian community or
upstream developers.  I wouldn't have any problem with the fact
that it is not OO.

> 2. I would not have a browser based interface to start with.
Well this is personal preference and noone would force anybody to
use a browser.

Database backend compatibility between LinuDent and OdontoLinux! would
be really great.  This would allow parallel installation and let the
user choose the backend he likes more.

> Thanks for the good input.
That's why I started Debian-Med ... ;-)

PS: It would be nice if you would configur your Mail-Client tro wrap lines.
    This would make quoting easier.