Re: Re: LinuDent and tk_fp and odontolinux

> WHY DON'T WE PLAN A NEW DATABASE STRUCTURE that can be able to
> manage every medical practice?
OK. Why don't we look at other project's database structure
first and discuss their advantages and disadvantages ?

There is a whole bunch of them, most notably GNUmed.

> It can have one or two «configure» tables in which you can store
> informations like:
>
> 1) Practice. (dentistry, oculists, dermatologist, general pratictioner
> and so on)
> 2) doctor's name/s
"Doctor" and "Patient" are just roles of "people" so they
really should be in the same name/address table.

> 3) invoice header
> 4) practice's address, telephone, fax, ecc.
> 5) Treatments amount.
>
> The other tables could be like (we should discuss a lot about it)
> odontolinux's ones:
>
> patient general data
> treatment plan
> Ledger
> Payments/Invoices
Take a look at GNUmed - some of your suggestions are there
already. I have had a look at OpenKaart and EpSys tables. They
don't come up to par. I just downloaded TkFP (47 MB ...) to
have a look there. I will look at odontolinux and linudent.

(In all fairness I should say that I am biased - I am
currently a GNUMed co-developer.)

> So we could call it the (Debian) Medical Practice Management Suite.
Please, let's not start another suite.

Regards,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346