Re: Re: LinuDent and tk_fp and odontolinux

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 08:45:56AM +0200, Tille, Andreas wrote:

> > 2. I would not have a browser based interface to start with.
> Well this is personal preference and noone would force anybody to
> use a browser.
>
> Database backend compatibility between LinuDent and OdontoLinux! would
> be really great.  This would allow parallel installation and let the
> user choose the backend he likes more.

Ok, I am thinking to write a new "odontolinux" for many reasons.
By the way, I think my database is really NOT well designed so I
think we can discuss how to make a new one to be used by Linudent and
odontolinux. I also would like to propose an idea:

WHY DON'T WE PLAN A NEW DATABASE STRUCTURE that can be able to
manage every medical practice?

It can have one or two «configure» tables in which you can store
informations like:

1) Practice. (dentistry, oculists, dermatologist, general pratictioner
and so on)
2) doctor's name/s
3) invoice header
4) practice's address, telephone, fax, ecc.
5) Treatments amount.

The other tables could be like (we should discuss a lot about it)
odontolinux's ones:

patient general data
treatment plan
Ledger
Payments/Invoices

And then we could write different clients.
(PHP, PHP-Gtk, TclTK, Python, etc.)

So we could call it the (Debian) Medical Practice Management Suite.

Ok, I am just dreaming
--
Gaetano Paolone GnuPG:69A5 548C 4145 1116 8CA9  2CB5 9448 3FA3 54DB 33D3
  Debian developer - bigpaul@debian.org.  Home: http://www.bigpaul.org